Friday, August 8, 2008

Orange You Glad?

My story will contine shortly. I just wanted to say a few things about what is happening in the world at the moment. Well, in the World of Warcraft, anyway. A lot of the time I will be posting recycled news. After all, without having my hand in every jar I can't get every flavour of cookie now, can I? That's just the way baked goods crumble.

So it seems that a rogue from the guild Vicarious, one Analogkid -- who incidentally already sports both Warglaives of Azzinoth -- was awarded the legendary bow, Thori'dal, the Star's Fury. Suffice to say, two hunters who were present and overlooked for the Kil'Jaeden drop weren't too happy about the decision to award a rogue with what in many people's eyes is a hunter priority weapon.

I'm not one to judge such actions, but good on him for acquiring three legendary weapons. Not that I have huntard hatred or anything, but I can see the point of the raid leaders in that the player had shown his raiding dedication for a very long time and this was his reward. Congrats to him, I say!

On another note, GameSpy editors recently leaped into the Wrath beta. I'm glad that they are enjoying it to an extent, but most of it is pretty old news, since my brother has been playing the beta since alpha players were given access. One interesting piece of information -- and good news -- I was not aware of, though, until I read the article. It appears that Riding Crops and the like will be permanently bound to your mount. This frees up a trinket slot and avoids any issues of swapping in trinkets with cooldowns when you dismount!

Speaking of mounts -- and my mage has many: both epic flying and land ones -- until you complete a questline in Northrend, you cannot access your flying mount. You need to do this to acquire the Cold Weather Flying skill. The questline itself begins with An Embarassing Incident in Sholazar Basin and is accessible at level 77.

If you haven't heard already (and what rock have you been sleeping under?), the latest Recruit-A-Friend endeavour should be enough incentive to entice many people into twisting their friend's arms and ruining their li- I mean, encouraging them to play -- casually, of course. Zhevra mounts, hourly summoning, triple experience and free levels. What more incentive would you need? Find out more.

I am currently working on building this blog site up to a reasonable standard. While I am not currently subscribed to the game I can spare the time it will take to improve what I have managed to do so far. Nothing fancy, mind you, but I would like to find a decent RSS feed to place somewhere, and get a good number of links up in the side menu. I also want to create a banner and tweak some of the style settings, but more visual-type aspects will have to wait until I have got myself a laptop and am able to access the Internet of my own accord (ie. not on this office network).

So look forward to more entries, more beta news, improvements to the blog, and the continuation of my Wow story!

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore

No comments: