Friday, August 8, 2008

Mage Talents Updated

Mage talents update for the WotLK beta, as posted by Blizzard:

  • Arcane Shielding Decreases the mana lost per point of damage taken when Mana Shield is active by 17/25% (Previously 10/20%) and increases the resistance granted by Mage Armor by 25/50%.
  • Improved Counterspell chance to silence has been removed. You will now luckily silence the target for 2/4 seconds.
  • New Talent: Torment of the Weak: All damage done to slowed targets is increased by 1/2/3 %.
  • Spell Power moved from tier 7 to tier 10.
  • Mind Mastery now increases spell power by 3/6/9/12/15 % instead of 5/10/15/20/25 %
  • Incanter´s Absorption moved from tier 9 to tier 7.
  • Missile Barrage moved from tier 10 to tier 9
  • Netherwind presence moved from tier 9 to tier 10.
  • Arcane Barrage mana cost reduced from 610 to 592.

  • Impact proc chance changed from 2/4/6/8/10% and is now 4/7/10%. Additionally, it now procs from ALL damaging spells and isn't restricted to fire spells anymore.
  • Molten Shields causes your Fire Ward and Frost Ward spells to have a 15/30% chance to reflect the warded spell while active. In addition, your Molten Armor has a 50% chance to affect ranged and spell attacks.( Previously only procced on Fire Ward with a 10/20 % chance)
  • Blast Wave mana cost reduced from 930 to 620.
  • Fiery Payback reworked: When below 35% health all damage taken is reduced by 10/20% and your Pyroblast spell´s cast time is reduced by 1.8 seconds while the cooldown is increased by 2.5 seconds. (Previously: When below 35% health all physical and Fire damage taken is reduced by 10/20% and your Pyroblast spell´s cast time is reduced by 1.75 seconds.
  • Living Bomb mana cost reduced from 1010 to 980. Now does 115 Fire damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds ( previously 130 Fire damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds), range increased from 10 yards to 35 yards, explodes after 12 seconds for 759 Fire damage (previously 520 Fire damage) and will now knock all targets up in the air( previously burned mana and damaged equal to the amount drained ).

  • Frost Warding reworked: Increased the armor and resistances given by your Frost Armor and Ice Armor spells by 25/50%. In addition, gives your Frost Ward and Fire Ward a 15% chance to negate the warded damage spell and restore mana equal to the damage caused. (Previously increased the armor and resistances given by your Frost Armor and Ice Armor spells by 15/30%. In addition, gave your Frost Ward a 10/20% chance to reflect Frost spells and effects while active)
  • Elemental Precision moved from tier 1 to tier 2.
  • Ice Floes moved from tier 6 to tier 1. Now affects Icy Veins instead of Ice Barrier.
  • Improved Frost Nova talent removed.
  • Arctic Reach now affects Deep Freeze as well.
  • Frost Channeling now reduces mana cost of Frost spells with 4/7//10% instead of 5/10/15%.
  • New Talent: Cold as ice: Reduces the cooldown of your Cold Snap, Ice Barrier, Deep Freeze and Summon Water Elemental spells by 10/20%.
  • Winter´s Chill now affects Arcane, Fire and Frost Spells. Proc chance is now 33/66/100% (previously 20/40/60/80/10%).
  • Shattered Barrier tooltip changed: Gives your Ice Barrier spell a 50/100 % chance to freeze all enemies within 10 yards for 8 seconds when it is destroyed. (Previously: Gives your ice barrier spell a 50/100% chance to trigger a Frost Nova when it is destroyed)
  • Empowered Frostbolt spell power co-efficiency increase changed to 5/10% (previously 2/4/6/8/10%) and critical strike chance increase reduced from 1/2/3/4/5% to 2/4%.
  • Improved Water Elemental will now increase the duration of your Summon Water Elemental spell by 5/10/15 seconds and your Water Elemental restores mana to all party or raid members an amount equal to 1/2/3% of their total mana every 5 seconds. (Previously restored party and raid members health equal to 1/2/3% of their total health every 5 seconds.)

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore

No comments: