Monday, January 31, 2011

One More Level

Every day, I try to do three profession dailies: Fishing and Cooking with my mage, and Jewelcrafting with my priest. So far, I have gained a few fishing skill points, vendor trash and a fishing hat; bought five or six cooking recipes; and bought two rare gem designs and saved up 15 tokens to be spent on others.

Gem cutting is a tricky business. It's hard to find time to dabble in everything I want to, and so the tokens pile up while no gold comes in from buying cuts and putting them to good use.

4.0.6 brings with it some notable professions changes:
  • The Bag of Shiny Things from the Fishing dailies will have a chance to include a rare fishing pole. That, plus the currently existing but rare Strand Crawler, will continue to make doing the dailies worthwhile.
  • Three new meta gems are being introduced. They will be rare world drops, so I would imagine the designs will go for a pretty penny and be snatched up before anyone can sneeze.
  • Minor, but important changes to some existing meta requirements will make certain metas (eg. Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamond) much more popular and BiS for certain classes.
My progress so far
Gaiwyn is level 84, 525 enchanting and 460 tailoring. I have yet to try and take advantage of being a max level enchanter and am taking my sweet time to both level to 85 and level tailoring. Archaeology has slowed down for me, but I will get there eventually.

Ilyaena is also level 84, and is 525 jewelcrafting and 525 mining. However, as a Draenei, this is not max level jc, but 10 points short; so I haven't quite got Working Around the Clock. I could be starting on Uldum this week, provided I find time to play. I look forward to healing at 85 (more on that below).

Selaena is level 83, with 517 herbalism and 485 alchemy. I intend to work my way through Deepholm to get herbs to level alchemy some more. Eventually, I will have to take advantage of transmutes. Truegold transmutes could still be quite lucrative.

On the gold-making front, I am at just under 40k, and am slowly selling enchants and glyphs. I still have a lot of things to work out (professions-wise) as well as a few things stockpiled in my guild bank, ready to be sold at the right time. Right now though, I just want to enjoy the game and get my three chosen toons to 85 with maxed professions. :)

Level 85 Holy Priest Preview
I want to heal at level 85. I have enjoyed it in every iteration since rolling my priest during the Burning Crusade expansion. I love melting faces, but I want to focus again on keeping people alive. There's just something about that sense of accomplishment when you play well as a healer and get through each challenge successfully. I don't profess to be the best healer out there, but I have never been terrible at it either.

Holy build (6/33/2) - I can't say for sure if this is what I'm after for normals and going into heroics, and I won't know until I try. But I've played around with the talents and this looks like a good holy build that incorporates both mana conservation / regeneration and utility, while making sure there is enough emphasis on Renew: a more important spell for holy priests than ever before.

Spiritmend Cowl (Tailoring)
Pendant of Elemental Balance (Vendor - Honored with The Earthen Ring)
Blight-Lifter's Mantle (Quest - Lost City of the Tol'vir)
Cloak of the Dryads (Vendor - Honored with Guardians of Hyjal)
Anraphet's Regalia (Anraphet - Halls of Origination)
Crimsonborne Bracers (Drahga Shadowburner - Grim Batol)

Roffle's Ruffly Gloves (Binds when equipped)
Truth-Seeker Belt (Quest - Stormwind City)
Narkall's Leggings (Quest - Twilight Highlands)
Hekatic Slippers (Rajh - Halls of Origination)
Veneficial Band (Lockmaw - Lost City of the Tol'vir)
Ammunae's Blessing (Vendor - Honored with Ramkahen)
Figurine - Dream Owl (Jewelcrafting)
Blood of Isiset (Isiset - Halls of Origination)

Staff of Siphoned Essences (Erudax - Grim Batol)
Scepter of Power (Setesh - Halls of Origination)
Book of Origination (Binds when equipped)
Wand of Untainted Power (Forgemaster Throngus - Grim Batol)

See it on Wowhead.

Peace.

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore

No comments: