Sunday, February 8, 2009

Class Changes

It looks like there are some pretty major upcoming changes to every class. I won't mention anything but mage changes here, because to do so would take too much of my precious time. I'd rather sleep.

Copied from MMO-Champion:
* Improved Water Elemental – this talent has been removed and replaced with a new talent that grants Replenishment (similar to Shadow priests).
* We are also working on a way to give frost mages Ice Lance “Shatter combos” in PvE.
* We are also working on more survivability for Fire spec in PvP.
* We are also working on making Spirit a more useful and interesting stat for all mages.

Very cool. I will be bringing more to the raid as a frost mage. My Water Elemental does give back some mana but being buffed like this makes a frost mage that much more useful. We are still way under par in terms of overall DPS but it's the survivability and utility that draw me to the spec.

If Ice Lance actually becomes useful in raiding it will make things a bit more interesting. Shattering with two Frostbolts works fine in terms of DPS, so I'm not sure why they need to fiddle with this; unless people are unhappy with mostly spamming the one spell.

Who cares about Fire spec or PvP. I mean, I should say, I don't care about Fire spec anymore and I don't plan on PvPing anytime soon.

Finally. It's about time they addressed the Spirit issue. Our tier gear has always had spirit on it and yet it has remained a useless stat for so long. I'm never outside of combat during a boss fight, unless there is a lot of movement. In which case, I'm losing DPS anyway -- and no one plans for regeneration during movement when they think about mana management.

I just hope that they do something good, like boost our crit or haste through spirit.

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore

No comments: