Thursday, March 19, 2009

PTR Build 9704

Glyph changes, spell changes, v. 9704 talent build, and stats and set bonuses of Tier 8!

Check Bobouille's post for the lowdown on all of it.

The Mage Tier 8 4-piece bonus seems pretty lame. It would be nicer if it automatically cast again whatever spell you did on the proc. Take, for example, Brain Freeze (seeing as I am a Frost mage). If it procs, I will cast a free, instant Fireball. I would then have the time of a GCD to register whether Brain Freeze was consumed or if my bonus procced and it is still up. With all that goes on in raids, someone will probably have to make a mod that gives you a warning when your proc is not consumed; otherwise you are unlikely to react in time and will start casting your next Frostbolt -- which has a chance of proccing Brain Freeze again, and therefore you could be wasting your bonus.

I will never have Tier 8 gear, so this won't affect me either way, anyway.

Perhaps we will just have to wait and see how these bonuses pan out once the top guilds have geared up with Tier 8. The Death Knight ones look nice, at least. ;)

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore

No comments: