Friday, January 23, 2009

Unholy Changes

We killed Malygos again on Wednesday night. I was outrolled on Gown of the Spell-Weaver. Maybe next time.

I respecced to Frostfire for our Thursday Naxxramas raid -- which never happened. I had a chance to try it out in five-man though, as we cleared Oculus -- I got my Champion of the Frozen Wastes achievement / title -- and a timed Culling of Stratholme run.

I respecced back to Frost today. I know that running two five-man instances isn't a real indication of how a spec feels, but I just like Frost too much, and feel that I am contributing more as a Frost mage. Play what you enjoy, imo.

It seems that a lot of people are choosing to go Arcane, and I am hearing reports of 7k on Patchwerk, 8k+ on Thaddius. With a 2-min cooldown on Evocation, I guess it's not surprising that people are jumping on the Arcane bandwagon. It will probably be normalised a little over the following weeks or maybe nerfed with the next patch.

I have also been playing my Death Knight a little bit. He is level 73 now. I respecced to Unholy and have been giving that a bit of a play. It's pretty cool having a permanent pet, and killing stuff is very easy when you just grab a big group.

The biggest problem I have found is that I am not walking away from a fight of five mobs with 99% health, as I was as Blood. It is something to get used to. I guess I need to remember to use my various protective spells more.

Gaiwyn of Proudmoore

No comments: